The mission of the California State PTA is to represent our members and to empower and support them with skills in advocacy, leadership, and communication to positively impact the lives of all children.
Adopted by the California State PTA Board of Managers, March 1999. Reaffirmed March 2004.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
PTA Core Values
The California State PTA is a professional, non-profit volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all children.
We believe every adult has a responsibility to ensure that all children develop to their full potential.
We believe parents are children’s first teachers and that parent involvement is essential throughout a child’s educational experience.
We believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children, and recognize that family may be defined in many ways.
We believe our responsibility includes advocating for the safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for a quality public education.