In addition to providing Jordan Middle School with much needed funding and volunteers for them to support their programs, the Jordan PTA also sponsors many programs and events directly. To name a few:
- Back to School Packets – Jordan PTA coordinates all the BTS packet contents, funds all packet printing and postage and coordinates volunteers to assemble packets for each student.
- Back to School Registration – Jordan PTA coordinates receipt of all the BTS packet information, both for the PTA and Jordan Middle School, prepares spreadsheets with information for each student by grade so the information can easily be distributed to program Chairs, and coordinates distribution of collected funds for the Jordan PTA, Jordan Middle School and Parents in Education(PiE).
- Student Directory – Jordan PTA gathers contact information for all students and formats it in a Directory to be distributed to all Jordan Middle School families. The Jordan PTA also funds all printing costs for the paper directory.
- VTP Program – Jordan PTA provides volunteers and funding to support PAUSD and Jordan Middle School’s Voluntary Transfer Program.
- Health & Safety – Jordan PTA provides volunteers to support Health & Safety by providing volunteers and funding for annual bike and helmet checks, classroom emergency pack replenishments, working with the City of Palo on traffic safety issues, and encouraging alternative methods for commuting to campus though special events.
Programs for Students:
- Cotillion – Jordan PTA provides volunteers to support an annual Cotillion designed to teach middle school students ballroom dance and proper etiquette. This program is open to all Jordan students for a nominal fee.
- 8th Grade Graduation Party – Jordan PTA provides volunteers and coordinates the annual 8th grade graduation party.
- Grade-level Ice Skating Parties – Jordan PTA provides volunteers and coordinates annual grade-level ice skating parties at Winterlodge in Palo Alto.
- Green Team – Jordan PTA provides volunteers to support green initiatives on campus and coordinate with the PTAC Green Team
- Lively Arts – Jordan PTA provides funding for three, one per grade level, special arts performances per year put on by notable performing artists such as the Stanford’s Taiko Group, Spoken Word Collective and Talisman.
- Science Fair – Jordan PTA partners with Jordan staff to provide volunteers and funding for the annual Jordan Science Fair event.
Community Events & Support:
- Family Buddies – Jordan PTA provides volunteers and funding to bring new and existing Jordan families together to provide support for new Jordan families.
- Jordan Back to School BBQ – Jordan PTA provides volunteers and funding to coordinate the annual Jordan Back to School BBQ, Jordan PTA’s fall all-community building event.
- Jordan International Festival – Jordan PTA provides volunteers and funding to coordinate the annual Jordan International Festival, Jordan PTA’s spring all-community building event.
- Meals on Wheels – Jordan PTA provides volunteers who coordinate meals for Jordan families who are going through difficult times due to a death in the family, job loss, etc.
Teacher & Staff Appreciation:
- Teacher & Staff Back to School Luncheon – Jordan PTA provides volunteers and funding to coordinate the annual luncheon on the first teacher work day of the school year in the fall. This is a very popular event for all teachers and staff.
- Teacher & Staff Valentines Luncheon – Jordan PTA provides volunteers and funding to coordinate the annual luncheon in early February for all teachers and staff.
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Luncheon – Jordan PTA provides volunteers and funding to coordinate this annual event close to the end of the school year. Its a great way for students to show how much they appreciate all their teachers have done for them during the school year.
- Monthly Teacher & Staff Coffees – Jordan PTA provides coffee and bagels to all teachers and staff once a month to put a smile on their faces and let them know how much parents appreciate all they do for our children.
Volunteering is Easy!
- You asked for an easier way to sign up and remind you of your volunteering at Jordan. We are introducing a Jordan PTA online sign up option.
- Signing up is easy, go to Jordan PTA Volunteers on uptous.com.
- Login: your e-mail address and create your own password.
- Click on the event or events you would like to help out with. You will get a reminder e-mail the day before the event. Forgotten what you have signed up for? Go to Jordan PTA Volunteers on uptous.com and look it up! Questions about volunteering, or using uptous? Please e-mail Deri McCrea and Lisa Daly at email@example.com. Thank you so much for volunteering, our wonderful community relies of everyone’s participation.